photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Thursday, June 21, 2012

My husband is in med school, and I am his wife.


I am a CPA and I have a full time, well respected career in tax. I commute every day to the financial district within the fabulous city of San Francisco. Doesn't that sound amazing?

Except, I never thought of myself as a career woman. I am old fashioned. I love to cook. I love things that sparkle. I pray for my husband. I love to be crafty. However, the only crafty thing it seems that I've picked up in the last few years has been a pink highlighter to feature notations within tax code, or neon sticky tabs to direct the clients where to sign. My inner "wife" is starting to get restless.


It's so easy to get lost in the hustle of "every day"...within myself.  I have to remember that it's not just me! I got married and God joined me with another person.  My person and I are here in San Francisco for the purpose of our bigger picture.


My husband is in medical school, enduring one of the most stressful things a human can brave. And he is doing it for our family. 

My real full time job? My real full time job is to be the backbone of this family while Mr. focuses on our future. My most important job is to maintain the present. Keep the fridge stocked. Socks white. Carpet clean. Towels soft. Car running. Bills paid. All the while, keeping this side-gig as a tax accountant in the city. No biggie!


On this journey, my job in the city has blessed us with benefits, a paycheck, and a means to struggle through this wild ride less than most.


Hopefully this will be a place that allows me to take a break. To let my inner Mrs. out. To remember the bigger picture in our little wonderful life. To keep my eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole.


My husband is in med school, and I am his wife.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad for this post, and for this BlOG!! Let the reading begin!!! You are a fine example of a wife and someone that makes me SUch a better person because of your influence! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such nice and inspiring words!! Love you and mishu lots! Xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete