photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Thursday, January 23, 2014

exciting announcement.

jack and i will be moving to tacoma, washington in may!

he was accepted to an amazing externship program, where he will attend his fourth year of medical school.
{photo by the amazing christina whitaker}.

i just gave work my five month notice, so now we can start discussing this exciting news with the rest of the world. first and foremost, i wanted to give my firm the respect that they deserve by telling them first... before blabbing about how

f r e a k i n g  e x c i t e d 

we are!

like i mentioned...i gave notice this morning. i thought i was going to die of a panic attack before it happened. my eye has been twitching for days. i was having chest pain about the mere thought of totally jumping out of my comfort zone of my nice cushy job with a direct deposit paycheck every two weeks with fabulous benefits...onto a big fat question mark that represents our future. i even wore glitter eye shadow in hopes that i could subliminally suggest to my boss that this was positive news. in the words of my friend coco...who can get mad at glitter eye shadow?! right?! all in all, it went well. my boss was disappointed, but glad that i was giving her such generous notice so that she can plan who was going to take over my hideous monster engagements. i mean engagements that offer the riveting opportunity to learn and grow. then i told my co-workers. all of them are super supportive and happy for us. phew.  

anyways...

we will move at the end of may, as his program starts in june!

then his where-a-bouts will go something like this:

August
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island 
(Pawtucket, RI; Affiliation - Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University)

September
Veteran's Affairs - Miami
(Miami, FL)

October
Veteran's Affairs - Eastern Colorado Health Care System 
(Denver, CO)

November
Veteran's Affairs - Southern Arizona 
(Tuscon, AZ)

December
Scripps Mercy Kaiser Program 
(San Diego, CA; Affiliation - University of California - San Diego)

...then he comes home to me and our kitties to rotate the rest of the year in tacoma and possibly rotating through an affiliated program in seattle, as well.

what will i be doing, you ask? 
oh nothing, just being a stay at home wifey. making pot roast. sewing quilts. bedazzling things. wearing red lipstick and baking cookies. vacuuming in heels. chopping organic vegetables.
the usual.

i am sooo excited about God's plan for our little lives. out of all the places in the country, He sent us to a place where i will have my family and friends' support while jack is away during those five months. i've always only prayed for one thing: to have all the people i love in one place. and the Lord saw it fit to bless me with a YES in His perfect timing. even if it is only for one year. i'll take it. if this isn't the absolute best testimony of how He can work in your life too, i don't know what else there is.
...
{to clarify: by "all the people" i'm referring to my family + friends + husband......there are tons of people i love that are not in the pacific northwest. this old prayer i'm talking about is the one i used to pray about every day in college when i knew i couldn't have jack + my family living together in one geographical location and all the torment that has caused me over the years.}
...

the hardest thing about this journey {for me...obvi jack's biggest challenge is school} is to be away from those i love. and i'm so so so happy that when i lose my best friend and my love of my life for five months, i get to be with those that i have been missing for so long.

something i thought i'd never be able to say again:
i'm coming home, daddy!

yay!!!

 photo KateSiggy_zpsd3dc243a.png

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love how you made this wonderful announcement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, tammy! can't wait to be closer to you!!!

      Delete