photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Monday, December 22, 2014

baby showers.

over the last few weekends, my husband's family {san diego} and my family {washington} threw two separate baby showers in each location for us! i am completely overwhelmed by the amount of love and support that we were shown. this little baby lady is so anticipated, loved & spoiled already. 

 | washington shower : |














the lovely hostesses, diana & teagan. 
my mom. 

i have the prettiest girlfriends.

 the cutest littles, reece & rylee.




i cannot express my appreciation for homemade blankets! this was hand crocheted by diana's friend's mother. i treasure it!
diana made me baby's first pillow & a matching quilt. literally dying.  
hand crocheted snuggly blanket from rachel. just a little in love haha.

 | san diego shower : |
my beautiful cake!


game winners!


so many cute gifts from my hubby's family!

my mother in law always has the cutest shoes haha.
my beautiful mother in law noris, and myself.

a gigantic thank you to everyone who came, and also to those that were with us in spirit. 
all the well wishes {& thoughtful gifts of course} have made us feel more prepared to take this next step in our lives. 

...ps | yes i did wear the same dress to both occasions, oops.  
these showers were really special to me because among other reasons, i'd never had a shower before. jack and i had a one month engagement because of his medical school journey, and with such short timing, we passed on a lot of the traditional wedding festivities that take place during a normal engagement. so, i really wanted to soak in this experience. i had put sooo much thought into what i was going to wear to these events. i shopped in advance for outfits and had them all set two weeks prior. 
well, i tried on the dress i was going to wear to my san diego shower the night before, and...
it. didn't. freaking. fit anymore. 
of course i turned into a weeping puddle of blubber & tears. my sweet mother in law and hubby took me shopping at eight o'clock at night and i miraculously found the only dress in the whole mall that fit my giant whale body.
{my two requirements were: 1. that it needed sleeves to cover my preggo arms, and 2. it needed to be long to cover my swollen legs} 
so...a huge thank you to my mother in law for saving the day. well, days {both my showers}, because i figured why not wear it to both? it fit and was cozy. the dress is free people and it is not maternity, but i think it's really pretty!
 photo KateSiggy_zpsd3dc243a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment