photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Tuesday, December 23, 2014

thirty weeks.

bumpdate | thirty weeks down, ten to go!
i take these awkward selfies because literally no one is home to take a picture to document my bump, mostly for jack...and i know someday i will want to look back and see these. hope you enjoy them haha.

S T A T S :

baby: she is the size of a butternut squash or summer cantaloupe...or a little over 3 lbs. this week, her brain is further developing by growing new grooves and wrinkles!! she can also now regulate her own body temp & is packing on the fat. sounds familiarrrr {see weight gain, ugh}.

weight gainummmm next question. ugh, ok, 23 lbs. not proud of that this week. between treats at two baby showers, a business trip with delish san fran food, & a christmas vacation to gramma & grampa's house, my diet hasn't been atop my proudest moments over the past few weeks. 
need. less. chocolate. cake.

sleep: okay. it's better than i was sleeping. i discovered if i put a pillow under my huge belly, it feels sooo much better. 

feelingmy body all of a sudden grew a noticeable amount over the last two weeks. my belly button is really sore {and gone}. no stretch marks yet, though - hopefully the gallons of body oil i'm marinating in is helping that cause...but probably not. i'm getting braxton hicks contractions, and it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest throughout those. i walk one or two miles and feel like i got hit by a train in my pelvis. my feet & hands started swelling. might have been the airplane + 13 hrs/day in heels at work on business + being on my feet baking for christmas + not having time to workout much last week {or two}. 30 weeks must be a magical stepping stone haha. emotionally, just still missing jack. i visited him in SD for the baby shower, and i was a ridiculous mess leaving him again. i miss my best friend and i'm ready to not be without him. he comes home in  e l e v e n  days after five long months. also, getting a little anxious about having a newborn. people are telling me horror stories about how hard it is, and i can't help but let it get to me a bit. note to self - try and refrain from telling a pregnant chick "haha, yeah. it's only going to get worse." thanks. i mean, my baby is totally going to be sleeping through the night by day number two. i don't know why people think i'm being unrealistic. {...joking}

maternity clothes: duh.

favorite moments:
1. both of my baby showers. hands down. see details here.

2. shopping at babies r us. i built this swing all by myself in the absence of hubster. accordingly, it probably won't pass code, and i need jack to check it before i accidentally kill my baby in it, but isn't it sooo cute??!

3. more nesting: i'm slowly getting the nursery organized all that i can before jack comes home to help me move and build furniture. the room still looks like an episode of hoarders, but it's coming together slowly. i had a ton of fun going through shower gifts and finding places for everything. and are you kidding me with these newborn diapers?? so itzy and tiny!

  4. things are finally sinking in. i cannot believe in only ten weeks, i'm going to be a momma. i still feel like i'm 18 sometimes. it's going to be so crazy, but so much fun! can't wait till jack comes home {did i already mention that?}. although, then i'll have to actually get dressed and not spend all my time in this fluffy pink fleece bathrobe with five day hair. maybe.
 photo KateSiggy_zpsd3dc243a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment