photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Friday, November 23, 2012

Zucchini Jack.

I woke up really happy this morning, and really in love with my husband. I wanted to make something for breakfast for him that would make him extra happy. I was browsing my Rave Reviews cookbook from my Gramma Ilene and found the perfect recipe.


I always make a few changes, depending on what I have on hand. I halved the recipe overall {partly because I didn't have enough Zucchini and partly because this would have fed an entire army}, and made a few other changes noted above. The rainy fall morning called for something rich and carb-o-licious...cue cheese & buttered seasoned breadcrumbs.


If you know Jack, you'll know he loves zucchini. He is a squash monster. I think it reminds him of home and his Mother's amazing cooking. If I ever I ask him what veggie he wants for dinner, his first choice is always squash.  Among his other favorite breakfast foods are eggs {check}, cheddar cheese {check}, and salsa verde {check}.


Since I didn't have chopped green chiles on hand, it was a perfect opportunity to substitute salsa verde.


Combine all ingredients in a big bowl except melted butter & breadcrumbs. Spread in greased casserole dish. Sprinkle breadcrumb & butter mixture over the top. Bake at 350 uncovered for 45 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before enjoying.


It was a fun cozy brunch to enjoy to the rain with hot coffee, and Jack liked. it. I would serve it with hot sauce. PS: Behind the casserole is my stained glass peacock lamp, a keepsake from Jack's Grandmother's house. We love having it glow in the kitchen, as it always reminds us of her and how much she loves to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment