photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Friday, January 11, 2013

A Handbag or Eight.

Jack and I took a last minute road trip over the holidays to stay with his parents at their beautiful home in San Diego. I seriously lucked out with the family I gained in marrying my husband. His parents are among the kindest, most caring, genuine, warm-hearted people I have ever met.

{Noris, John, & Jack on our Christmas Eve harbor dinner cruise in San Diego}

Specifically, I love my Mother in Law, Noris. I can talk with her for HOURS {literally, and we did/do}. She inspires me to be a better person in many ways. She offers me wisdom & guidance in my life as a woman, in marriage, and my walk with God. I could not be more appreciative of her in my {our} life. Not only has she helped me to develop myself emotionally, we also occasionally share a more materialistic side: our love for purses, shoes, nail polish, hair, and putting together outfits.

Between going through dear Grandmother's closet {the lovely Ms. Matty Moffet Davidson has impeccable taste}, random boutique shopping, Christmas & New Years, I think she single handedly doubled my current handbag collection over this last trip. Let's peruse the recent additions to my collection, shall we? {!!!!!!!}

{gorgeous & ultra classy art deco white leather cross body bag by paloma picasso from Noris' closet.} 

{vintage golden mesh evening bag from Grandmother's closet.}

 {not quite a bag, but an adorable vintage rhinestone & satin belt from Grandmother's closet.}

 {opalescent silver & rhinestone clutch from Noris' closet specifically inspired by NYE.}

{a rose gold sequin clutch by white house black market. Noris & I picked up matching bags on our fabulous boutique shopping day in Del Mar, CA.}  

{my handsome husband ordered this hand-tanned leather bag from here on etsy for me as my Christmas surprise. I mentioned to him in passing that I loved it. heart. melting. also, miso couldn't resist being involved.}
 
 {vintage red kate spade wallet in original red box & velvet from Grandmother's closet. love. love. love.} 

{vintage hand beaded floral evening bag from Grandmother's closet - front view}

{back view of same floral bag. no one told miso that he is not vanna white.} 

{i couldn't resist not sharing the inside of the vintage floral bag...it is lined with satin and comes with the original mirror!}

{louis vuitton favorite pm evening clutch. option of shoulder chain or leather cross body strap. from my closet via Christmas & the best Mother in Law & Daddy in Law ever!}

I am so thankful for all the fun I had in San Diego with the Davidson's. This excerpt doesn't even begin to cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment