photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brussels Fries.

This time of year, since it's busy season, I'm L. A. Z. Y. in the kitchen. Which actually means I don't want to do the dishes. I don't mind the cooking part. Insert frozen pizza {here}.

So, can I convince myself to maybe muster up the energy to slice up two bags of Trader Joe's pre-washed  trimmed Brussels Sprouts? Ugh, fine. Three minutes later, they are in the big bowl and I decide that wasn't so bad. Must. Pre. Heat. Oven...my life is SO. HARD. Just kidding, if you can't tell, I'm being a drama queen.

Preheat oven to 400. Generously coat your sprouts with good quality olive oil {because you'll taste it}. Season with sea salt, pepper, and add a fun spice like cumin or paprika...or go out on a limb and be dangerous...add both.

Pour your bowl of seasoned sprouts on a foil lined cookie sheet {did I mention I was not in the mood for dishes?}. Turn all of their little faces up and put into the oven. Ignore & Bake for 45 minutes.

Unlike the frozen pizza I would have been eating, these little nuggets are packed with fiber, more than your daily dose of vitamins K & C, and contain DNA protective benefits. Read the entire nutritional profile here and feel fabulous about yourself while eating.

If you are even lazier than me and refuse to read the above, here is my recipe in short lazy cavewoman form:

Ingredients
2 bags trimmed & washed trader joe's brussels sprouts (or aprx 2 lbs)
olive oil (about 1/4 cup)
sea salt
pepper
optional: other seasonings (cumin, curry powder, paprika, etc)

preheat oven to 400 degrees. cut all sprouts in half and place in a large bowl. liberally pour three or four rounds of olive oil into bowl and stir. add seasonings to taste. stir again. pour onto foil covered cookie sheet. bake for 45 minutes. enjoy.

Sort of too good to be true that these taste exactly like french fries... I promise, they are not.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

  1. I tried this last night and LOVED IT!!!! I used a Tuscan spice blend that I got from this fabulous spice shop in Portland. THANKS LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this (I had brussels sprouts on hand) and I loved it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome!! i'm so glad you liked it! thank you for sharing!!

      Delete