photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Tuesday, May 7, 2013

eek.

day s e v e n 
of the may challenge:

the thing i'm most afraid of:


when i was in fourth grade, my dad took my friend ying and i on a fabulous pacific northwest mountain hike. ying and i decided it would be a great idea to venture on the road less traveled and go off the trail. 

sometimes yellow jackets like to build their nests under the ground in soil pockets.

let's just say my little fourth grade foot stepped through the home of a yellow jacket family and we had a minor swarm situation. our hike ended a little early.

ying got stung right in the middle of her forehead. i got stung on the hand and leg. 

i found out that weekend that i am allergic to bees. my hand & leg swelled up to what felt like three times normal size and i ached and itched like nothing i've ever felt. i remember my skin was tight & shiny. my dad kept coating me in paste made with meat tenderizer & baking soda. i stayed like that for an entire week. 

{me in 4th grade. man, i loved this silk shirt & matching scrunchie}

now you'll understand why i screech like a cave bat if there is a bee or wasp within my general vicinity.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

p.s. i didn't post yesterday. the topic was:
 "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?"
i feel like i've already answered that a thousand times, and i didn't want to bore you. 
for a refresher, look here!

No comments:

Post a Comment