photo home_zpsc08cb0cb.png photo aboutus_zpsa3b3a9e2.png photo linksilove_zps4874300e.png photo FAQ_zps06648071.png




Wednesday, May 1, 2013

every day in may.


it's so easy to get lost in every day doings. 
here, there, quick, make the bus, work, pack lunches, go to bed, get up & do it again. 

one of the main reasons i started this blog was to step out of that craziness and appreciate the little things on our journey through this time of our lives. life could be over in a second. our heart can be shattered in one phone call.

i've been in quite a blogging rut lately. i never know what to write about...sometimes i worry that no one will want to read my self indulgent blabberings. then i read the post of one of the fabulous girls i follow {ryleeblake}. she reminded me that sometimes the most interesting posts are the real life pieces of life about who we are, why we are. 

she posted a link of pure blogging inspirational gold: blog every day in may

i thought the idea was so cute, so i'm going to do my best to participate. 

so, here we go...

day one >> story of my life in 250 words or less

Born in Portland, Oregon. Dad’s job moved us to Washington state before I was five. I still remember driving away and seeing my precious Gramma Ilene with tears in her eyes waving goodbye.

Grew up in Duvall, Washington. I am thankful for the beauty and simplicity of my childhood in the country. Snow days, sledding down hills with the entire neighborhood, summer nights, neighborhood street hockey, little league games, and popsicles in the backyard reading instyle magazine with mom & best friend ying in the sunshine.

Played fast pitch softball seven days a week for eleven years & made varsity as a freshman in high school. My dad was my coach and I am so grateful I got to spend every weekend with him during this impressionable time in my life. Softball & church kept me out of trouble. Too. Busy.

I found security in my little family of four, until my parents divorced after 20 years of marriage. I was 16. This was my first heartbreak.

Got a full ride to University of Washington for academics. Only attended one year before I HAD to move to sunny San Diego. Opted out of my full ride to pay for private school at USD. Oops, sorry Daddy. 

Although my amazing family helped with tuition, I am still paying off my student loans. I don’t regret this decision for a second. I met my husband next door at the beach & got my dream job. That’s a win, duh.

{magical backyard i grew up in. my dad turned it into this from a field of weeds. pictured with high school friends}
{at uw. only a freshman would run a 5k for a free jamba juice}
 {usd girl.} 
{daddy's girl for sure.}
{us before responsibility. college sweethearts}


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

  1. I always read these, love to get a peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the famous Chessica in your backyard pic!??

    ReplyDelete